Below are release notes for earlier versions of Chameleon Statistics Scientific Edition. (Release notes for latest version available here).
Version 1.2 - New features:
* Density estimates can now be
exported as human-readable Chameleon data files.
* Additional data normalisation options added for improved classification accuracy.
* Hourglass and countdown implemented for large classification tasks.
* Class symbol functionality improved. Default symbol option added.
* Image data samples are now labeled by image coordinates for easier reference.
* Cluster size and fusion heights are now displayed in scatter plot and binary tree.
* Tutorial section added to help manual.
* Rotation options problem fixed
(v1.22 only - earlier release contains corrupt data)
* Data editor improved to allow access to and editing of all data at all times.
* Incorrect sample labeling error in editor for unlabeled datasets has been fixed.
* Problem displaying spanning tree in the presence of subclusters has been fixed.
* Class colours are now displayed correctly after loading Chameleon project files with hierarchically clustered data.
* Problems are reported to occur occasionally during import of manually generated data sets. (Workaround: Make sure text data files end with a new line character or an empty line. Export data sets in a standard Chameleon format once the data has been imported correctly).
Version 1.1 - New features:
* Explicit manual entry of binary
tree cut height has been implemented.
* Data values can now be viewed and edited at all times. The editor now displays sample and variable labels rather than numerals for easier reference.
* Contours can now be overlayed onto plain and density maps.
* Unique symbols are now available for each class. A triangle symbol has been added.
* The sample labels sometimes began
with Sample 0 instead of Sample 1 in the profile and scatter plot views. This
has now been corrected.
* Performing single-link clustering on partitioned data when classes with only a single member exist caused the program to crash. This has been fixed.
* Spanning tree connections joining samples belonging to different classes are no longer displayed.
* Class colours are now displayed correctly after non-single-link hierarchical clustering. An hourglass and clusters countdown has also been added.
* Problems are reported to occur occasionally during import of manually generated data sets. (Workaround: Export data sets in a standard Chameleon format once the data has been imported correctly).